Pets ..... empty tank seeks goldfish for endless swimming and a captive audience.
| Declan has been bugging for amongst other things (that include a new baby sibling lol) pet fish. We used to HAVE fish .... a whole 4ft tank of them, until I ended up staying in hospital for 4 days after having Declan, while Shaun forgot to feed my rather sizeable goldfishes and then they were further neglected over the following months and died one by one. Pooor fishies! 3 years later and we have now bought a new little compact kiddies tank kit that is awaiting new occupants..... oh god please let this not be a mistake! lol So that leads me to today's blog prompt If you have had a pet - which was your favourite ? If you haven't had a pet and could have ANY pet (real or imaginary) what would you have? Growing up we always had a menagerie of adoptive pets. My favourite pet was Dot, a dalmation dog that had been dumped by her owner to roam the streets :( She had been a breeder's dog and had developed a cancer that we didn't know about at the time and the local vet even knew whose dog it was, but wouldn't say. She came to our house and sat by our car until we snuck her some food and the dog was there to stay lol. She had a joyful 2 years with us and she loved that there was always a kid willing to play with her. I remember being sad when she got sick and went off her food. One day we came home from school and Dad told us she was buried in the back garden. I was heartbroken! Later mum explained about the cancer and eventually came to accept the loss. I wish I could dig up a photo of her - she was a beautiful dog and it pains me that somebody was so selfish as to dump her instead of finding her a good home. Luckily Dot found us. Ok time for another freebie installment of a boutique shop tag. If you love this one you might want to go have a look at its friends over at the DID store. get Friday's freebie here ![]() Oh and being stuck on dialup absolutely sucks! I can't wait for ADSL2 and some faster speeds and uploads :) |







Comments on "Pets ..... empty tank seeks goldfish for endless swimming and a captive audience."
-
Anonymous said ... (7:55 am) :
-
Maria said ... (8:46 pm) :
post a commentGreat story and I love your title for today's challenge.
Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com