U-G-L-Y ... you ain't got no alibi ....
| Divorce is ugly .... nasty and like any relationship split, is very painful. No I'm not getting one, but my sister has been going through a tough time getting her divorce from her cheating ex hubby. The good news is that the court bit has been finalised and she is nearly free to get on with being happy with her new man (who I must say actually knows how to treat a woman right!) I just want to see a smile on her face again. Tomorrow is a much welcomed public holiday here in Brisbane for our local show called the EKKA :) I'm looking forward to a cruisy day and a break to the working week. So naturally that leads to a great blog prompt for today so please play along ...... What holidays do you enjoy and love to celebrate in your country/family? What makes that day special to you? Do you have any special traditions that are associated with your favourite holiday? How would you feel if your special holiday was suddenly taken away from you? For as far back as I remember I have loved christmas. To me christmas means time together with family and it still is. Coming from a family of 4 children, we had a tradition of not getting a tree until the night of christmas eve. Dad would take us out into the bush and we would chop down a pine tree and squeeze it in the car with us! lol pine needles would be poking us all over and the sap was awful, but the smell of fresh cut pine cannot be topped. We would then decorate it after dinner and each year we eould take turns to put an angel way up top. We would try and sit up quietly to hear santa, but would always fall asleep. Things haven't changed ..... only now I stay up wrapping presents lol This is the time of the year that I love to drag out the fairy lights and put up the tree rather early by most people's standards. Last year we spend a month buying beautiful decorations one by one to fill our little tree. Last year was a great christmas as Declan really started to understand christmas as a concept, although I had to explain that santa didn't live at the shops. He most unimpressed when he couldn't go chat to him anymore. Hopefully he won't be one of those kids who suddenly develops a santa phobia. I don't want to imagine what it would be like without christmas - I love it, but wouldn't mind if the crowds were missing when I go shopping though! ---- I have scrapped a little lately :) using A Long Black and Chai Latte. ![]() ![]() We are on a slower connection at the moment, waiting to move over to ADSL2 so there's not another freebie today, but I will see what I can do really really soon! I'm also hoping there's some great news that I can share really soon with you all really soon too. Thanks for checking in. |








Comments on "U-G-L-Y ... you ain't got no alibi ...."
-
Melissa said ... (11:24 am) :
post a commentLoved hearing about your Christmases. Great layouts too.